Monday 22nd April 2013

   Yes, was the answer to yesterdays question! The (1st summer female) Woodchat Shrike was still there. So an after work visit to Widcombe, a small village behind Herriotts pool, Chew. I got there and there were only 3 other people there. They were taking photos, and had got to a decent distance too. So, i waited at a distance so not to disturb the bird. They said i could come closer the bird didnt seem too worried. But i waited until they had finished, the light wasnt too good anyway. I was now on my own with the bird. I got a bit closer, they were right the bird didnt seem worried at all. My luck changed too, as the sun came out for about 1/2 an hour! I got some shots, then other birders started to arrive, so i backed off and allowed them to get some shots. Quite happy with mine anyway....

Woodchat Shrike

Woodchat Shrike
Woodchat Shrike



No comments:

Post a Comment